db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Erik Drolshammer <erik.drolsham...@gmail.com>
Subject Use DdlUtils to maintain a ddl than can be shared between Oracle and Derby
Date Wed, 10 Sep 2008 07:03:37 GMT
Hi!
I want to use Derby as an in-mem substitute for Oracle for automatic
testing purposes.

I have successfully exported the schema from an existing Oracle schema
(without data) to a ddl-file, but when I try to create tables etc. in
Derby I run into problems.

Does DdlUtils support some sort of automatic conversion between
"Oracle-sql" and "Derby-sql"?
Or must I manually convert e.g. Oracle's "varchar2" to Derby's "varchar?

This is the setup I currently use:

//Create ddl from Oracle database
Oracle10Platform oracle10Platform = new Oracle10Platform();
oracle10Platform.setDataSource(dataSource);
Database database = oracle10Platform.readModelFromDatabase(name,
catalog, schema, tableTypes);

//Create Derby tables from Oracle ddl source
oracle10Platform.createTables(conn, database,
dropTablesFirst,continueOnError);

--
Best regards
Erik Drolshammer