db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Lubomir Sterba <lubomir.ste...@swlab.eu>
Subject Re: DatabaseToDdl schemapattern -> writeDataToFile
Date Wed, 21 May 2008 17:24:21 GMT
as I write in previous mail, we try to export relatively bigger database
with DdlUtils and migrate it from Oracle to  PostgresSQL. After some
problems with ant tasks and schema definition (which are probably given
by bug in Oracle JDBC driver I think) we use DdlUtils Java API end
export table data table per table. After that quick operation we try to
import data to Postgres using Ddl API DataReader. And that was a big
problem, table with cca 1M records dont import after cca 8 hours. And
this situation  force us after profiling DdwlUtils code where  cca 50%
of CPU  time was spend in commons-digester code to write own  SAX based
import. It is now now in  state can be published (converting datatypes
written only for our purposes, etc), bud  1M records inserts in two
minutes opposite many hours with digester API used by DataReader (we
drop constraints and indexes and after data load we will build them with
DdlUtils are superlative in data structure manipulation, but with data
manipulation I think there are some lack for bigger databases (cca 10GB
gzipped in DdlUtils .xml). But there are many workarounds to use this
tool and evaluate it very usefull.
Many thanks to authors
PS: Sorry for my poor english.

Markus Daniel napsal(a):
> Hello,
> I have a Oracle Database which contains ddl and data generated by
> torque, now it is necessary to migrate these data to mysql.
> Since torque is not the best tool to dump ddl and data and insert it in
> an other database I try to use DdlUtils.
> <databaseToDdl schemapattern="MINOS" modelname="MINOS"
> catalogpattern="MINOS">
> ~    <database url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@"
> ~              driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
> ~              username="minos"
> ~              password="password"/>
> ~    <writeSchemaToFile outputFile="oracle-db-schema.xml"/>
> ~    <writeDataToFile determineschema="true"
> outputFile="oracle-data.xml"/>
> ~  </databaseToDdl>
> The schema looks good but not tested at the moment.
> The dataDump failed with the message:
> There are multiple columns with the name OBJ_TYPE in the table
> This table is not in the schema MINOS it is in the schema system.
> Does "writeDataToFile" ignore the schemapattern or it there something
> wrong with my ant target?
> Can anyone help?
> This here sounds similar
> http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-ddlutils-user/200709.mbox/%3C77613.64108.qm@web34403.mail.mud.yahoo.com%3E