db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Lubomir Sterba <lubomir.ste...@swlab.eu>
Subject Re: DatabaseToDdl schemapattern -> writeDataToFile
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 15:02:48 GMT
Hello,
we have same problem. We are migrating from Oracle to Postgres and here
is tool for exporting data ora2pg, which can export data from oracle to
standard inserts, depending on configurtion. But this tool is very slow
and we have big tables (300M records exporting cca 2-3 days). Now we try
to export  databes data table per table,  using  DdlUtils Java API.
If I read DdlUtils source corretly, it read whole database structure and
filter schema on output.  Whay decide, that KU_NOEXP_TAB have duplicate
column I don't know.
If you have relativelly small database, workaround is to migrate schema
with DdlUtils and data insert with file created by ora2pg.
Kind regards
Lubos