db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject ddlutils: override default return object type
Date Tue, 13 May 2008 21:57:35 GMT
Hi,

I'm curious to know if it is currently possible to override the default return object for
a specific platform.
For example, postgres can't deal with JAVA_OBJECT types so I'm serializing the object to a
byte[] and storing the bytes.
I simply override the "setObject" method in postgres' platform implementation and it is seamless.

However, when I want to select the object it comes back as a byte[] instead of my original
object.
Is there any place I can override in ddlutils to catch the byte[] and convert it back to an
object automagically?

Thanks,

Ty