db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ddlutils: override default return object type
Date Wed, 14 May 2008 02:41:51 GMT
On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 2:57 PM, tyju tiui <jckdnk111@yahoo.com> wrote:

>  I'm curious to know if it is currently possible to override the default return object
for a specific platform.
>  For example, postgres can't deal with JAVA_OBJECT types so I'm serializing the object
to a byte[] and storing the bytes.
>  I simply override the "setObject" method in postgres' platform implementation and it
is seamless.

>  However, when I want to select the object it comes back as a byte[] instead of my original
object.
>  Is there any place I can override in ddlutils to catch the byte[] and convert it back
to an object automagically?

The insert/update/query functionality in DdlUtils is pretty basic
(intentionally). You might be better off using something like jDbi
(http://jdbi.codehaus.org) or similar for that.

That being said, in your case you probably also want to override the
getObjectFromResultSet method in the platform which does sort of the
opposite of setObject.

Tom