db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From carlissi <c...@issi.se>
Subject DDLUTILS exporting from an AS400
Date Thu, 08 May 2008 15:08:27 GMT

Hello

I have been given the unpleasant work of moving a database from AS400 DB2 to
a linux DB2. I am by no means a DB2 expert (perhaps DB2 user would be a
better word) and have come across a problem I can not solve. I am using
databaseToDdl to try and export the datasbase and it's content. This works
fine on the Linux DB2, but when I try it on the AS400 I get the following
error:

[SQL0204] COLUMNS in SYSCAT type *FILE not found.

I am not sure if the parameters I am using for databaseToDdl are correct. If
anyone has any pointers, I would be very grateful.

Best Regards, Carl

The ant script I use is below:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<project name="project" default="database-dump">
	<path id="runtime-classpath">
	  ..
	</path>

	<target name="database-dump" description="Dumps the database structure">
	  <taskdef name="databaseToDdl"
classname="org.apache.ddlutils.task.DatabaseToDdlTask">
	    <classpath refid="runtime-classpath"/>
	  </taskdef>

	<databaseToDdl modelName="MigrateASTest" databasetype="db2"
						catalogpattern="(DATABASENAME)"
						tabletypes="TABLE"
						simplelogging="true"
						excludetables="SYS.*"
						excludetablefilter="SYS.*"
						tableFilter="">
	  	<database url="jdbc:as400://(URL/DATABASENAME)"
	              driverClassName="com.ibm.as400.access.AS400JDBCDriver"
	              username="(username)"
	              password="(password)"/>

	    <writeSchemaToFile outputFile="dbAs400-schema.xml"/>
	    <writeDataToFile outputFile="dataAs400.xml" encoding="ISO-8859-1"/>
	  </databaseToDdl>
	</target>
</project>