db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Anas Mughal" <anas.mug...@bluenog.com>
Subject RE: DatabaseToDdl schemapattern -> writeDataToFile
Date Tue, 20 May 2008 14:43:17 GMT
With mysql, it is much easier to use mysqldump and then load the dump into
any other mysql database.

And, could some correct me if I am wrong, DDL utils uses Torque under the
covers.

Regards.
--
Anas Mughal
W: 732-733-1120  x114
C: 862-571-2437

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Daniel [mailto:daniel@synyx.de]
Sent: Tuesday, May 20, 2008 10:02 AM
To: ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Subject: DatabaseToDdl schemapattern -> writeDataToFile

Hello,
I have a Oracle Database which contains ddl and data generated by
torque, now it is necessary to migrate these data to mysql.
Since torque is not the best tool to dump ddl and data and insert it in
an other database I try to use DdlUtils.

<databaseToDdl schemapattern="MINOS" modelname="MINOS"
catalogpattern="MINOS">
~    <database url="jdbc:oracle:thin:@192.168.0.82:1521:minos"
~              driverClassName="oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver"
~              username="minos"
~              password="password"/>

~    <writeSchemaToFile outputFile="oracle-db-schema.xml"/>
~    <writeDataToFile determineschema="true" outputFile="oracle-data.xml"/>
~  </databaseToDdl>

The schema looks good but not tested at the moment.

The dataDump failed with the message:
There are multiple columns with the name OBJ_TYPE in the table KU_NOEXP_TAB

This table is not in the schema MINOS it is in the schema system.

Does "writeDataToFile" ignore the schemapattern or it there something
wrong with my ant target?
Can anyone help?

This here sounds similar
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-ddlutils-user/200709.mbox/%3C776
13.64108.qm@web34403.mail.mud.yahoo.com%3E
but I am not able to find the patch...

Kind regards,
Markus

- --
/**
~ * Markus Daniel
~ * Bachelor of Science
~ *
~ * Synyx GmbH & Co. KG
~ * OpenSource Solutions
~ * Karlstr. 68
~ * 76137 Karlsruhe
~ *
~ * phone +49(0)721 66 48 79 31
~ * fax   +49(0)721 66 48 877
~ * eMail markus.daniel@synyx.de
~ * www   http://www.synyx.de
~ * skype synyx_daniel
~ * irc   irc.synyx.de
~ *
~ * Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
~ * Registergericht: Mannheim
~ * Handelsregisternummer: HRA 4793
~ * USt-IdNr.: DE249264296
~ *
~ * Komplementärin: Elatech Verwaltungs GmbH
~ * Sitz der Gesellschaft: Karlsruhe
~ * Geschäftsführer: Markus Daniel
~ * Registergericht: Mannheim
~ * Handelsregisternummer: HRB 7250