db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data not written to Oracle
Date Tue, 29 Apr 2008 06:56:52 GMT
On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Anas Mughal <anas.mughal@bluenog.com> wrote:

> Looking thru the source code, I see that the method
>  DatabaseDataIO::writeDataToDatabase is called from WriteDataToDatabase
>  class. The implementation of DatabaseDataIO::writeDataToDatabase is:
>
>  public void writeDataToDatabase(DataReader dataReader, String path) throws
>  DdlUtilsException {
>         try        {
>             dataReader.parse(path);
>         }
>         catch (Exception ex) { throw new DdlUtilsException(ex); }
>  }
>
>  The method apparently only reads the data. It does not seem to write
>  anything to the database. After calling this method, the code has a log
>  message that reports that data has been written to the database.

No, it does not. It reads data from XML and puts it into a sink, which
in this case is a database sink which inserts data into the DB (if it
can).
Please run your Ant task with a verbosity setting of DEBUG and post
the output. Also if ensureforeignkeyorder is set to true (which is the
default), please check your data for foreign keys where the referenced
item is missing in the data XML (the output of the Ant task will print
how many of these DdlUtils encountered).

Tom