db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject ddlutils easier update possible?
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2008 20:14:27 GMT
Hi,

I'm curious to know if there is an easier way to issue a platform.update()?
Currently I have to fetch all of the values into a DynaBean and then update the values in
the DynaBean before issuing my update to ensure I don't lose any data.

I'd like to just to a database.createDynaBeanFor(), assign the correct primary key and whatever
value I want to update to do my update.
The problem is when I try to do this any value I don't set in the DynaBean gets set to NULL
in the database.
So I have to waste a call to the db to fill a DynaBean before I can update the record.

Is there a better way?

Thanks,

Ty

Be a better friend, newshound, and