db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Rijk van Haaften" <r.j.c.vanhaaf...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tool for comparing datamodel
Date Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:47:17 GMT
Answering Minto's question, some questions raised to my mind:
1. Why is getModelComparator() not in interface Platform
(and so PlatformImpl.getModelComparator() has protected access)?

2. In the alteration package are quite a number of changes and important
Platform
methods are deprecated and replaced by others. Of course, anyone can make
a svn checkout/export in order to use those features, but how about
releasing a
1.1 alpha? I know we are not yet halfway the roadmap, but on the other hand,
the fixed issues (jdk 1.4 regex rather than oro, no longer dependency on
betwixt,
Platform public interface changes) are quite important structural changes
that users
may start adopting to reducing the amount of work left for the time 1.1 is
finally
released.

Rijk J.C. van Haaften

Minto.van.der.Sluis@amsterdam.politie.nl <