db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ddlutils: oracle booleanint mapping
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2008 23:46:09 GMT
I think I found it ... I just mapped to 'BOOLEAN' instead of 'BOOLEANINT' though I had to look
at the TypeMap class to find it ... 'BOOLEAN' isn't a valid type according to the torque /
turbine spec.

----- Original Message ----
From: tyju tiui <jckdnk111@yahoo.com>
To: ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, March 18, 2008 7:03:56 PM
Subject: ddlutils: oracle booleanint mapping

Hi,

I've got a column in my schema with a 'BOOLEANINT' type.
Strangely when it the column is created in my Oracle 10g db it ends up as 'NUMBER(3,0)'.

I looked at the Oracle8Platform class and saw this entry:

    info.addNativeTypeMapping("BOOLEAN",  "NUMBER(1)", "BIT");

I'm wondering if there should be an entry for 'BOOLEANINT' or is there something else going
on?
Also, when I try to query that column the dynabean returns an instance of BigDecimal when
I would be expecting maybe a short or an int.

Thanks for the help,

Ty

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs