db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Guido Schreuder <g.schreu...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Re: ddlutils limit number of results
Date Mon, 03 Mar 2008 09:40:36 GMT
Hi Tyju,

Have you seen http://tinyurl.com/2gpr9o

kind regards,
Guido

On Fri, 2008-02-29 at 12:22 -0800, tyju tiui wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm curious if there is currently any method of limiting the number of results returned
by a platform.fetch call? For example, say I issue a "SELECT userid, fname, lname FROM users
ORDER BY userid DESC" and just want the last ten user's inserted in the db. The query might
return 1,000 rows, but I'm only interested in the last 10.

> I know I could do it in the sql code, but then my java code would be that much more dbms
dependent. I'd rather let DdlUtils handle it for me in a nice, platform-independent way if
possible.