db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Rijk van Haaften" <r.j.c.vanhaaf...@gmail.com>
Subject PlatformImplBase.store() proposal
Date Wed, 20 Feb 2008 15:17:50 GMT
Hi all,

Noticing that PlatformImplBase.store() was not implemented, I'd
propose and discuss an implementation for it (attached).

To be discussed:
1) I think I need the Database model for the getDynaClassFor call, but
in order to acommodate that I changed
protected boolean exists(Connection connection, DynaBean dynaBean)
protected boolean exists(Connection connection, Database model,
DynaBean dynaBean)
What were the thoughts behind the original method signature choice?

2) I'm not sure about exception that should be thrown if exists fails,
currently:
catch (SQLException ex)
{
    throw new DatabaseOperationException("Error while reading from the
database", ex);
}

Rijk J.C. van Haaften