db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject ddlutils limit number of results
Date Fri, 29 Feb 2008 20:22:10 GMT
Hi,

I'm curious if there is currently any method of limiting the number of results returned by
a platform.fetch call? For example, say I issue a "SELECT userid, fname, lname FROM users
ORDER BY userid DESC" and just want the last ten user's inserted in the db. The query might
return 1,000 rows, but I'm only interested in the last 10.

I know I could do it in the sql code, but then my java code would be that much more dbms dependent.
I'd rather let DdlUtils handle it for me in a nice, platform-independent way if possible.

Thanks,

Ty

Looking for last minute shopping deals?