db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Thomas Heinis <hein...@inf.ethz.ch>
Subject Platform & PlatformImplBase
Date Fri, 01 Feb 2008 15:15:24 GMT
Dear all,

I have two issues, one with the Platform interface and one with the
PlatformImplBase:
    - the Platform interface provides each method in two different
versions, with or without the connection as an argument. This is the
case for all methods implementing DB operations (insert/update/delete
etc.) except for fetch. Why is this so?
    - I suspect the second issue I have with DdlUtils as of now is
related to the first. The fetch method does not return the connection.
Instead, the connection is returned in the cleanUp method of the
ModelBasedResultSetIterator. Wouldn't it be simpler to (and more elegant
for reasons of symmetry) to return the connection in the fetch method?

Cheers,

Thomas