db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: can not get column description
Date Thu, 28 Feb 2008 07:13:17 GMT
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 3:57 PM, watch sound <watchsound@gmail.com> wrote:

>  I need to get column description from ddlUtils.

I don't think the Microsoft Sql Server JDBC driver supports column
descriptions set via sp_addextendedproperty (into the property
MS_Description) so the standard JDBC metadata does not work and
DdlUtils will have to add special support via fn_listextendedproperty.
Please add an issue for that in DdlUtils' JIRA.

>  I used mssqlserver jdbc jar included with ddlUtils.
>  but aColumn.getDescription() always return null.

DdlUtils does not come with any JDBC driver, so I'm not sure what
driver you are referring to. But as I said, the Sql Server 2005 JDBC
driver does not seem to support this anyways.

Tom