db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: ddl utils platform.update problem
Date Wed, 23 Jan 2008 23:45:05 GMT
Stupid me ... there was actually two Table objects in my query hints and they have a similar
name / structure.
My call to the fetch method wasn't actually returning an instance of SqlDynaClass.

Problem solved.
Sorry for the errant post.

----- Original Message ----
From: tyju tiui <jckdnk111@yahoo.com>
To: ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2008 6:07:00 PM
Subject: ddl utils platform.update problem

Hi,

When issuing a platform.update(database, dynabean) I get the standard
 "The dyna bean is not an instance of a SqlDynaClass" exception when the
 jdbc driver doesn't properly support table metadata (like PostgreSQL
 8.2 which I'm using).

Normally I would fix this by passing in a Table[] with some query hints
 for ddl utils.
However, the none of the update methods have the ability to accept any
 query hints.
I know the dynabean I'm updating is an instance of SqlDynaClass since I
 pass in the query hints to fetch the dynabean in the first place.

Any ideas how I might work around this other than just implementing an
 update method that accepts query hints?

Thanks,

Ty

Be a better friend, newshound, and