db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Can't delete rows from DynaBean
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2007 19:47:04 GMT
I found out why this was happening ... I'm testing with PostgreSQL which aparently doesn't
handle resultSetMetadata  very well.

Luckily the creators of DdlUtils thought of this and wrote in the ability to pass in "query
hints" which is essentially just an array of Table objects which DdlUtils uses to lookup columns
and match them back to their respective tables when the resultSetMetadata fails to offer-up
this info ... brilliant!

Now I pass in my "query hints" and everything works blissfully.

Ty

----- Original Message ----
From: tyju tiui <jckdnk111@yahoo.com>
To: ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 19, 2007 1:11:30 PM
Subject: Can't delete rows from DynaBean

Hi,

I'm trying to delete some records using DynaBeans returned from a 'platform.fetch()' call.
The List returned is full of perfectly fine DynaBeans (as far as I can tell) but when I issue
a 'platform.delete()' DdlUtils throws the following error:

org.apache.ddlutils.dynabean.SqlDynaException: The dyna bean is not an instance of a SqlDynaClass
        at org.apache.ddlutils.dynabean.DynaClassCache.getDynaClass(DynaClassCache.java:135)
        at org.apache.ddlutils.model.Database.getDynaClassFor(Database.java:551)
        at org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.delete(PlatformImplBase.java:1923)
        at
 org.apache.ddlutils.platform.PlatformImplBase.delete(PlatformImplBase.java:1906)

I looked at the code and I'm unsure how to properly get an instance of SqlDynaClass from a
'fetch' or 'query'?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Ty