db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From tyju tiui <jckdnk...@yahoo.com>
Subject ddl utils schema with existing db
Date Thu, 06 Dec 2007 22:05:33 GMT
Hi,

I'm confused about the difference between database and schema definition in ddlutils.
If I have an existing database and would like to create a new schema within that database
how would I go about that (via ant or programmatically)?

For servers like MySQL which don't have a notion of separate schema's inside a single database
I would have to create a new database each time. For servers like PostgreSQL and Oracle which
do support separate schemas within a single database I shouldn't need to create a new db each
time I need a new schema. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Ty

Be a better friend, newshound, and