db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ROCHE <laurent_ro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re : Still one problem when managing schema ... others fixed !
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2007 11:24:57 GMT
Hi,

I am still having the problem described below.

Has anyone succeeded in reading a model from a XML file using the Java API (DatabaseIO.read()
) without any errors ?
If so could he/she publish the piece of code reading the model and the XML file of the model,
so I can see what I am doing wrong !

Thanks in advance,
L@u
The Computing Froggy

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche@yahoo.com>
À : ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Envoyé le : Mercredi, 14 Novembre 2007, 16h25mn 45s
Objet : Still one problem when managing schema ... others fixed !

Hi,

I have made a few fixes to be able to export/import data using schemas (on PostgreSQL), see
files included at the end of the post.
Most of them are quite ugly fixes but that works for me  ... and still, they should not interfere
with other people usage.

I still have one problem though, when running the following code:
        Platform  platform =
 PlatformFactory.createNewPlatformInstance(dataSource);
        final DatabaseDataIO dataIO = new DatabaseDataIO();
        dataIO.setDetermineSchema(true);
        dataIO.setSchemaPattern(XFR_OUT_SCHEMA);
        try {
            FileOutputStream xmlFile = new FileOutputStream(xmlFPN);
            DatabaseIO reader = new DatabaseIO();
            Database model = reader.read(getModelFPN(), XFR_OUT_SCHEMA);
            dataIO.writeDataToXML(platform, model, xmlFile, XML_FILE_ENCODING);
            xmlFile.close();
        } catch (IOException e) {
            e.printStackTrace();
            log.error("Error: Could not create " + xmlFPN);
        }

I get the following errors:
[fims] ERROR [http-80-Processor24]
 Digester.error(1538) | Parse Error at line 2 column 32: Document root element "database",
must match DOCTYPE root "null".
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document root element "database", must match DOCTYPE root "null".
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.error(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:172)
[fims] ERROR [http-80-Processor24] Digester.error(1538) | Parse Error at line 2 column 32:
Document is invalid: no grammar found.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Document is invalid: no grammar found.
    at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.util.ErrorHandlerWrapper.createSAXParseException(ErrorHandlerWrapper.java:236)
The file is created OK though ! ? ! ?
What
 should I do, to get rid of this error messages ?
I understand they come from the parser going through the XML ... but why don't I get these
when using the Ant tasks ?
I must do something wrong somewhere !
Let me know.