db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ROCHE <laurent_ro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Advices for XML data file transformation
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2007 11:32:47 GMT
Hi All,

I am a complete novice to XML (I have used it and understand if but I have never programmed
anything with it).

I am now in the case where I am doing an export of data (using ddl-utils) from database A
and I need to import the data into database B.
However, tables in database A have extra columns (the last 3, identical in all tables) that
are not present in database B.

How do I achieve this ?

Can DdlUtils do that on its own ? (Can I export data without the last 3 columns, that will
be the best option as the files generated will be smaller)
Do I need to modify the XML file generated with a (Java) program ?

Let me know your thoughts !
Any help appreciated.

Cheers,
L@u