db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Default Value of SYSDATE not set in Oracle TIMESTAMP column
Date Mon, 15 Oct 2007 19:43:52 GMT
On 10/13/07, robk99 <ROBEKLEIN@tx.rr.com> wrote:

> I have an xml file that includes a table with the following columns defined.
>
>       <column name="ISACTIVE" primaryKey="false" required="true" type="CHAR"
> size="1" default="Y" autoIncrement="false"/>
>
>       <column name="CREATED" primaryKey="false" required="true"
> type="TIMESTAMP" size="7" default="SYSDATE" autoIncrement="false"/>
>
> Both columns are created in the table within the Oracle database.
> The "ISACTIVE" default value is created correctly with a value "Y".
> The "CREATED" default value is left blank.
>
> Is this a bug or is setting a timestamp column default value not allowed in
> Ddlutils?  Should I be using a different value other than SYSDATE?

DdlUtils currently interprets the value in the XML default attribute
to be a literal and will use it in quotes when creating the SQL (if
the type requires that, which is the case for date types).
Working around that would require a new XML attribute which cannot be
done with the current DTD (because DdlUtils does not control it). But
please feel free to file an enhancement issue in JIRA.

Tom