db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From robk99 <ROBEKL...@TX.RR.COM>
Subject Re: Default Value of SYSDATE not set in Oracle TIMESTAMP column
Date Thu, 18 Oct 2007 02:58:42 GMT

Thomas Dudziak wrote:

> DdlUtils currently interprets the value in the XML default attribute
> to be a literal and will use it in quotes when creating the SQL (if
> the type requires that, which is the case for date types).
> Working around that would require a new XML attribute which cannot be
> done with the current DTD (because DdlUtils does not control it). But
> please feel free to file an enhancement issue in JIRA.
>
> Tom

I looked at the resulting SQL and the DEFAULT attribute is missing for the
Date type.  It would be ok if the value "SYSDATE" still appeared even if
quoted.  I could then easily clean up the quotes and execute the call.  Is
there someway, ie modify the code, to allow the original DEFAULT value to
appear for date types?  If so any ideas where can I start to look for the
code to be changed?  It is extremely important for me to get this corrected.

Thanks!
Rob K.