db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ROCHE <laurent_ro...@yahoo.com>
Subject schema and catalog documention
Date Mon, 17 Sep 2007 12:49:53 GMT
Hi,

in the Ant tasks documentation about the schemapattern and catalogpattern parameters, on can
read:
 For some  more info on xxx patterns and JDBC, see  java.sql.DatabaseMetaData.

However looking up the   java.sql.DatabaseMetaData documentation, I could hardly found any
additional information ! !
I am not sure this link is very relevant ... or may be more something like:
 For general info on xxx patterns and JDBC, see  java.sql.DatabaseMetaData.

Then again, it might be ME not being able to find the information: I find it hard to beleive
that on this page (java.sql.DatabaseMetaData) they don't even have something like
A schema is a notion defined (most of the time in a different way) for each RDMS that allows
to group a set of tables together.
(I believe the same phrase could be used for catalog)

May be this phrase could be added in the Ant tasks documentation ?

Cheers,
L@u
The Computing Froggy