db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: schema and table names
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2007 03:43:28 GMT
On 9/17/07, Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am using the Ant task of Ddl-Utils 1.0 with PostgreSQL 8.1.9 !
>
> Is there an easy way to extract data only from a set of tables ?
> I am trying to extract data from only a defined set of tables. So far, I have only found
a way using different schemas ... which is not really convenient as I have to split the tables
in as many schemas as needed extractions (and hope they don't have common tables).

Not with the Ant task, at least not at the moment, but there is an
open issue for this
(http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DDLUTILS-87).
If you're not tied to using Ant tasks, then with a few lines of code
you can achieve this. Basically read the model from the database and
then remove all tables from the Database object that you don't need.
After that, use the adjusted model with the DatabaseDataIO class.

Tom