db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: System tables and foreign key constraints issues with Oracle
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2007 06:32:30 GMT
On 9/13/07, Robert Björn <objective@robertb.eu> wrote:

> a) The first problem is that while specifying the table types in the
> readModelFromDatabase) call works fine -- I supply only the "TABLES"
> type to avoid getting the system tables also -- this does not work for
> alterDatabase(). As stated in the documentation, that argument affects
> only what is being read and not what is being modified in the target
> database. The result is that DdlUtils wants to remove all of the
> system tables. I thus get "Error while executing SQL DROP TABLE
> AUDIT_ACTIONS CASCADE CONSTRAINTS".

For Oracle, you should specify the database schema when using Ant or
the API (using the method variants that allow to specify the catalog
and the schema). This way, system tables won't be visible to DdlUtils.

> b) The second problem is that the foreign key constraints that I added
> seem to result in DdlUtils wanting to add indices, for some reason
> resulting in "Cannot write unnamed index".

Could you provide some more info, e.g. the XML schema and the Ant
build file or the code snippet if you're using the API ?

Tom