db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Schema XML : ORACLE to MSSQL
Date Mon, 10 Sep 2007 18:29:21 GMT
On 9/10/07, callme_sanjay <callme_sanjay@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I generated an schema XML (using dump-model) from ORACLE database which has
> "index" defined on some  columns,
>
> I was thinking that if I use the same schema xml for and dump it in the
> MSSQL (using writeSchematoDB) it will create the schema with primary keys
> (means those columns which are index in the oracel will be a primary key in
> the mssql)
>
> But the results are totally different
>
> Please let me know what to do If I want to achieve that ..

An index is per se not related to a primary key. E.g. index columns
don't have to be primary key columns and vice versa.
This means that if you want to make primary keys out of the indexes
then you'll have to change the schema XML manually. You could use XSLT
to automate this, or just edit the XML file in a text editor if it is
not too big.

Tom