db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From robk99 <ROBEKL...@TX.RR.COM>
Subject Re: Adding a new column in an existing table using the API
Date Mon, 01 Oct 2007 04:41:04 GMT

Never mind figured it out, at least for now.

1 Read the modified tables from an XML file and created source Model
2 Created a clean Model that is devoid of tables
3 Read a live database and created a target Model
4 Walk through each table in the source model and try to find in target
Model
5 if table from source model is found in target model then i add it to the
clean Model
6 if table from source model is not found in target model i do nothing
7 when each table in the source model is reviewed, i perform an
alterdatabase using the clean and source models
8 parse the resulting ddls from the alterdatabase and execute in a batch

thanks,
Robk