db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Oracle 9.2.0 Data-dump multiple Schema
Date Tue, 14 Aug 2007 05:09:34 GMT
On 8/7/07, callme_sanjay <callme_sanjay@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I tried running "dump-metadata" from my oracle database (version 9.2.0).
>
> Found that there are multiple schema's already available.
>
> In the "jdbc.properties.oracle9" file , Specifically mentioned the schema
> name in which I am interested.
>
> like
> #################snippet from properties file
> # For oracle, we should limit the schema to the one of the user
> # Note that Oracle requires this to be uppercase, even when using delimited
> identifiers
> ddlutils.schema=MYSCHEMA;
> #################snippet end
>
> But when I run the ant task , it not only dump "MYSCHEMA" but also start
> dumping other schema's whcih I don't want ,
>
> So please can anyone tell me how to tackle this issue

The dump-metadata task is only intended to be used for debugging
purposes (http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/ant/org.apache.ddlutils.task.DumpMetadataTask.html).
Likewise, the properties files are used only by the unit tests.

If you want to run the dump-metadata task, simply supply parameters to
the Ant task as documented in the above link. You can also use the
dump-metadata.xml sample Ant build file - if you look into you'll see
what parameters you can give it, they are all declared as properties
in the beginning of the file.

Tom