db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Emilian Bold" <emilian.b...@gmail.com>
Subject Migrate with schema (MS SQL Server to Derby)
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 09:33:14 GMT
Hy,

I'm trying to use DDLUtils to migrate a database from MS SQL Server to Derby.

The import process works ok with only one issue: it doesn't migrate the schema.

All my SQL Server tables are in the DBO. schema and the ones in Derby
just use the default schema.

I've tried these fixes:

- Using schemapattern="dbo" in ddlToDatabase and databaseToDdl. This
doesn't do anything different.

- Modified the schema XML files to set table name="dbo.$name". This
seems to create the tables properly! But importing the data fails and
I have to change that XML file with the data too. The downside is that
this file also has some CDATA XML text inside so my scripts corrupt
the CDATA.

Plus, I would rather not experiment that much since each import
attempt takes about 1 hour (the exported data-file has 250MB).

Is there some way to import / export with schema information ?
Basically have table.name="SCHEMA$oldName" and
foreign-key.foreignTable="SCHEMA.$oldname" (maybe some other tags need
to be update, not sure).

Thanks,
Emilian Bold

--
Emilian Bold
+40 740235562

Java and NetBeans Platform-loving consulting services from Timisoara, Romania.