db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Rusty Wright <ru...@berkeley.edu>
Subject Re: SQL Exception on trying to add some foreign keys constraints with DdlUtils
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 17:50:01 GMT
I would go the other way; I'd add a unique constraint to L10NCODE and
leave the ID field in as the primary key.  I think it's a bad idea to
use anything in your data as a primary key because I worry that you can
never be absolutely sure that you won't need to change that data.  To
me, the only safe primary key is a synthetic primary key, only because
it's probably safer in the long run.

--
Rusty Wright
UC Berkeley