db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Jason <jeac...@hardlight.com.au>
Subject writeSchemaSqlToFile didnt work for me.
Date Sat, 12 May 2007 01:02:16 GMT
Hi all,
	I just checked out the latest head and built it (RC1), then ran it
against a postgres 7.4 db. (This is the first time I have tried ddlutils
after about 18 months!)
The writeSchemaToFile and writeDataToFile both produced output but
writeSchemaSqlToFile produced an empty file.
I tried it with 2 drivers, pg74.216.jdbc3.jar, and
postgresql-8.2dev-503.jdbc3.jar.

This is my Ant target:
         <target name="database-dump-postgres" description="Dumps the
database structure" depends=$
           <taskdef name="databaseToDdl"
                  classname="org.apache.ddlutils.task.DatabaseToDdlTask">
             <classpath refid="runtime-classpath"/>
           </taskdef>
                 <delete dir="${database.backup.path}/src/schema"></delete>
                 <mkdir  dir="${database.backup.path}/src/schema"/>
  <databaseToDdl modelName="MyModel" databaseType="postgresql"
useDelimitedSqlIdentifiers="true"/>
            <database
url="jdbc:postgresql://${system.database.hostname}/${database.name}"
                       driverClassName="org.postgresql.Driver"
                           username="${database.user}"
                           password="${database.password}"/>
             <writeSchemaToFile
outputFile="${database.backup.path}/src/schema/${database.backup.path}-schema.xml"/>

             <writeDataToFile
outputFile="${database.backup.path}/src/schema/${database.backup.path}-data.xml">
             </writeDataToFile>

             <writeSchemaSqlToFile
outputFile="${database.backup.path}/src/schema/${database.backup.path}-schema.sql">
</writeSchemaSqlToFile>
           </databaseToDdl>
         </target>

What I REALLY want is to be able to round trip this database back into
postgres with all the same datatypes, but I'm not sure how I should do
this. I think it should be a default option somewhere - eg dont mess
with my db, just restore it please. specifically I a concerned about
date field mappings (timestamptz should restore as timestamptz) and
bytea->Blob/Clob->bytea (I think it produces
bytea->Blob/Clob->longbinaryvarchar instead)

Hints/Thoughts greatly appreciated.
Jason.