db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JCP 225 XQJ and Re: Connecting to Oracle 10 via DDLUtils throws Exceptions
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 19:05:11 GMT
On 3/25/07, Claas Eggert <claas01@gmx.de> wrote:

> i'm still struggeling with the Oracle Datasource Problem :-(

Could you post the code that you use to connect to the database ?

> I ran over the JCP 225 XQuery API for Java and i was wondering if there will
> be an integration or some other way for querying xml in dbs? At the moment i
> query the information by creating an xmltable or constructing an
> pretty-formated sequence. Or are there already other ways to do that?

DdlUtils is intended for DDL only, and the DML/querying capabilities
are solely for data i/o (which does not require any complicated
queries).
That being said, I'm pretty sure that there are already
implementations of JCP 225 that can easily be integrated with DdlUtils
(via the getDataSource/borrowConnection methods in the Platform
interface).

Tom