db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DdlUtils insists on altering unchanged columns when using MySql
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 05:48:27 GMT
On 3/15/07, Nils Tesdal <nils.tesdal@kantega.no> wrote:

> I am not quite sure what you mean by platform but I have used versions
> 5.0.22 and 5.0.27 of the server and versions 3.1.13 and 5.0.5 of the
> connector, all with the same result.

Platforms basically provide the database-specific support. Which
platforms are available, is described on the page for the specific
database, e.g.:

http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/databases/mysql.html

In your case, you should specifically select the MySql5 platform as
DdlUtils currently cannot distinguish between MySql older than version
5 and MySql 5 and above. The Ant task has an attribute databasetype
specifically for that purpose:

http://db.apache.org/ddlutils/ant/org.apache.ddlutils.task.DdlToDatabaseTask.html

Tom