db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Update behavor
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 18:44:15 GMT
On 3/8/07, Lucas MORENO ENCABO <lucas.moreno@st.com> wrote:

> I was just thinking about the default update behavor implemented in PlatformImplBase.java
> Creating a BynaBean for a Table and setting some values (not all values defined in the
column model) causes the update method to prepare a SQL Update query with all the columns
of the table. As in the bean we have not specified a value for every column, when the update
is executed the values not defined are set to NULL.
> Should this be the default update behavor?
> As I see, the update method should:
> - Check that all the primary keys are defined in the bean
> - Prepare a SQL Update query only with the values specified in the bean
> - Execute the update
> At the moment, the only way of not reseting everything to NULL is SELECT the desired
Bean, update the bean properties and execute the update of the platform.
> What do you think?

Surely, this is something that we can add, and controlled via a flag
in the platform instance (and via a property of the ant task). Is
there a JIRA issue for that, or if not, could you create one ?

View raw message