db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "niels.voorhoeve" <niels.voorho...@spectraseis.com>
Subject Fw: ddlToDatabase no effect on hsql
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 18:56:36 GMT
As a test, I ran the ant task again using a bogus database alias and ddlUtil
did not throw an error.

From: "niels.voorhoeve" <niels.voorhoeve@spectraseis.com>
To: ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Sent: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 19:19:25 +0100
Subject: ddlToDatabase no effect on hsql

Hi,

I am working on a project to port a schema and data from postgres to hsql.
The ddlToDatabase/writeSchemaToDatabase task is not having any effect.  The
ant trace says that all kinds of ddl is being executed, but it does not change
the database at all.  I am able to run ddl via the hsql manager without a
problem, having connected to the db using the same url as used in the ant task.

As a test I ran the ddlToDatabase against a new postgres database and it
worked, so it seems that something is wrong with the hsql side of things:
either the ddlutil package or the installation...

Has anyone run into such a problem with hsql?

Thanks,
Niels

Niels Voorhoeve
Consultant - www.spectraseis.com