db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ROCHE <laurent_ro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Too quick and too good ! [was: Performance Problems ?]
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 09:15:50 GMT
Hi Guys & Gals,

OK, I am not really complaining here that DDL-Utils is too quick and too good to be true (I
am not that mad ... just half crazy).

But ... before when I was running a decent size import, it was taking 2 hours (see original
post below). That was running the import when the option "useexplicitidentityvalues=true"
has a slight bug and then effectively running as "useexplicitidentityvalues=false".

Now with "useexplicitidentityvalues=true" working, the import takes only 1min30sec: great,
fantastic !
But, I thought it will fail while inserting because it's inserting rows in table A which has
a foreign key on table B which I assummed is not populated yet ! ? !

So the real question is why is DDL-Utils not failing when importing rows on tables with foreign
keys constraints ?
Does it do a special insert with no constraint checks ?

Cheers,
L@u