db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance of DB2v8 Database
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 08:22:16 GMT
On 2/20/07, Stefan Huber <huste@vr-web.de> wrote:

> I have problems reading an existing model from a db2 database.
> In my environment (DB2-Server v8 and client on Windows) it takes about 6 to 8 seconds
to get the foreign keys of ONE table out of the database via the JDBC metadata functions.
> The rest of the reading process is as fast as in any other database i tried (Oracle,
MS SQL Server, SapDB).
> Is this a kown behaviour? Are there any hints how to decrease the time of reading these
data from the database? (Does anyone even use the DB2 database? ;-)

Not that I know of. I just ran the tests again against a DB2 instance
(v8.1.10.812) running on Windows 2000, and reading of foreign keys is
fast. However, my test instance is otherwise empty, I don't know
whether it might get slower with more stuff in the database.

Tom