db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Philip Mark Donaghy" <philip.dona...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Could not read data file data.xml
Date Thu, 11 Jan 2007 14:35:04 GMT
Thanks for your suggestions Tom,

On 1/11/07, Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 1/10/07, Philip Mark Donaghy <philip.donaghy@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > The database is Derby 10.1.2.1 and I'm using the Client driver. Derby
> > is running the NetworkServer framework on a single machine with Java
> > 1.5.0_06
> >
> > The relevant part of the schema is,
>
> <snip>
>
> > I haven't checked if my framework is setting these columns to 0. I
> > shouldn't exclude the possiblility.
>
> If it is not the case, then could you perhaps send (off list) some
> part of a schema and data dump from Derby (e.g. SQL CREATE TABLE and
> INSERT statements or similar), so I can reproduce this ?

Will do.

> > I would also like to move from Hibernate to OJB. Is there any quick
> > way to get started with OJB from ddltutils?
>
> Hmm, I don't exactly know what you mean ? DdlUtils only creates
> tables, which OJB assumes are already there. There is no direct
> connection between the two.

Well what I was thinking is a ready to use CRUD api that allows one to
create value objects and do create, read, update, and delete
operations. We already have this with AndroMDA for Hibernate. The
templates need to be updated to do the same thing with OJB, Cayenne or
Ibatis.

Andromda is simple. You create a UML class diagram of objects and it
generates a crud application. I guess that one does not need ddlutils
to do this but I think that in addition to the CRUD interface the
Andromda cartridge (or whatever tool) could create and backup and
restore interface using ddlutils. Even a tool for migrating from one
open source database to another would be really cool.

I'm just seeding the Apache DB community with the idea. What do you
think everybody? I'll post the idea with OJB and the other ORM tools.
Perhaps there is a Apache DB general mailing list.

Thanks,
Philip

--
Philip Donaghy