db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ROCHE <laurent_ro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re : Performance Problems ?
Date Mon, 22 Jan 2007 08:56:33 GMT
I was thinking about this too ... but I have not time for this now.

In a couple of months, I should be able to do some work on it.

Have fun,
L@u
The Computing Froggy

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Martin van den Bemt <mllist@mvdb.net>
À : ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Envoyé le : Dimanche, 21 Janvier 2007, 21h29mn 59s
Objet : Re: Performance Problems ?

It would be even better if you start sending in patches :) New blood on board would be good
:)

Mvgr,
Martin

Martin van den Bemt wrote:
> Could you put this into JIRA ?
> I cannot make any promises I have time for this soon though...
>
> Mvgr,
> Martin
>
> Laurent ROCHE wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is there any one here using DDL-Utils with significant volumes of data (data.xml
of a few Mb) ?
>> My data.xml file is of 44 686 lines of data and 4 7734Kb of data.
>>
>> I am exporting data from a PostgreSQL database to Derby database.
>> When inserting into a DB without any foreign keys, primary keys, indexes, it's fast
(actually faster with DDL-Utils than with insert scripts running ij): a couple of minutes
(40s for DDL-Utils).

>> But when running with keys and indexes, DDL-Utils takes 2 hours ! ! !
>>
>> Running DB-Unit takes only 5, 6 minutes !
>>
>> So I am back to my idea where it would nice to get the export to generate the data
file according to an order, so that during import I do not have to use the ensureforeignkeyorder="true"
option.
>> (see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-ddlutils-user/200701.mbox/%3c20070108161758.43099.qmail@web34402.mail.mud.yahoo.com%3e
)
>> Ideally, DDL-Utils will generate the table orders it-self by reading the dependencies
at the schema level (foreign keys).
>> But at least, if I could give DDL-Utils the tables order: that will be great ...
otherwise I will have to stop using DDL-Utils for data: that I will be a shame !

>> Have fun,
>> L@u
>> The Computing Froggy

>> Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions !

>> Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur
Yahoo! Questions/Réponses

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com