db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: Performance Problems ?
Date Sun, 21 Jan 2007 19:55:02 GMT
Could you put this into JIRA ?
I cannot make any promises I have time for this soon though...

Mvgr,
Martin

Laurent ROCHE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is there any one here using DDL-Utils with significant volumes of data (data.xml of a
few Mb) ?
> My data.xml file is of 44 686 lines of data and 4 7734Kb of data.
>
> I am exporting data from a PostgreSQL database to Derby database.
> When inserting into a DB without any foreign keys, primary keys, indexes, it's fast (actually
faster with DDL-Utils than with insert scripts running ij): a couple of minutes (40s for DDL-Utils).

> But when running with keys and indexes, DDL-Utils takes 2 hours ! ! !
>
> Running DB-Unit takes only 5, 6 minutes !
>
> So I am back to my idea where it would nice to get the export to generate the data file
according to an order, so that during import I do not have to use the ensureforeignkeyorder="true"
option.
> (see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-ddlutils-user/200701.mbox/%3c20070108161758.43099.qmail@web34402.mail.mud.yahoo.com%3e
)
> Ideally, DDL-Utils will generate the table orders it-self by reading the dependencies
at the schema level (foreign keys).
> But at least, if I could give DDL-Utils the tables order: that will be great ... otherwise
I will have to stop using DDL-Utils for data: that I will be a shame !

> Have fun,
> L@u
> The Computing Froggy

> Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions !
> Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo!
Questions/Réponses