db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Still problems with identity.
Date Wed, 17 Jan 2007 17:43:06 GMT
Laurent ROCHE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am still having problems with identity.

I've only been partially following these discussions, so I apologize if
I'm missing information that has already been posted.

> I want to insert in a Derby database rows of a table with an idetity column but using
the values from data.xml not generated values.
> I have set useexplicitidentityvalues ="true" ... but that does not change a thing !

Is this a Derby identity column? If so, what's the column definition for
the identity column in the Derby table? "generated by default" lets you
specify an explicit value but "generated always" does not:

  http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/rrefsqlj37836.html

Here's one way to verify the Derby schema (substitute "dbname" for your
actual database name):

  java org.apache.derby.tools.dblook -d jdbc:derby:dbname -o dbname.sql

dblook docs are here:

  http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/tools/ctoolsdblook.html

10.2 also has a new "describe" command:

  http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/tools/rtoolsijcomrefdescribe.html