db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Thomas Dudziak" <tom...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Error: Could not parse or write data file referring to "<writeDataToDatabase datafile="data.xml"/>"
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 08:12:35 GMT
On 1/23/07, sm@bonn.iz-soz.de <sm@bonn.iz-soz.de> wrote:

> Sorry, I must correct my email from today (Thu, 23 Jan, 2007). The
> <writeSchemaToDatabase/> process ends with success!!!
> Only the <writeDataToDatabase> process makes trouble, please look at my
> following console output and to my additional questions
> below this output.

> [ddlToDatabase] Written schema to database
> [ddlToDatabase] Borrowed connection
> org.apache.commons.dbcp.PoolableConnection@1715510 from data source
> [ddlToDatabase] Could not parse or write data file C:\Programme\eclipse
> 3.2\eclipse\workspace\MigrateDatabaseToDerby\ddlutils\data.xml
> [ddlToDatabase] org.apache.ddlutils.DdlUtilsException:
> java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: c
> [ddlToDatabase] at

<snip>

This is the relevant error: "java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown
protocol: c".
Apparently the JDBC url used for inserting the data is wrong, and thus
DdlUtils cannot access the database. Please check it and see whether
it matches the one used for the creation of the schema in the
database.

Tom