db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ROCHE <laurent_ro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Performance Problems ?
Date Fri, 19 Jan 2007 18:15:38 GMT
Hi,

Is there any one here using DDL-Utils with significant volumes of data (data.xml of a few
Mb) ?
My data.xml file is of 44 686 lines of data and 4 7734Kb of data.

I am exporting data from a PostgreSQL database to Derby database.
When inserting into a DB without any foreign keys, primary keys, indexes, it's fast (actually
faster with DDL-Utils than with insert scripts running ij): a couple of minutes (40s for DDL-Utils).

But when running with keys and indexes, DDL-Utils takes 2 hours ! ! !

Running DB-Unit takes only 5, 6 minutes !

So I am back to my idea where it would nice to get the export to generate the data file according
to an order, so that during import I do not have to use the ensureforeignkeyorder="true" option.
(see http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/db-ddlutils-user/200701.mbox/%3c20070108161758.43099.qmail@web34402.mail.mud.yahoo.com%3e
)
Ideally, DDL-Utils will generate the table orders it-self by reading the dependencies at the
schema level (foreign keys).
But at least, if I could give DDL-Utils the tables order: that will be great ... otherwise
I will have to stop using DDL-Utils for data: that I will be a shame !

Have fun,
L@u
The Computing Froggy

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com