db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ROCHE <laurent_ro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Selective Export
Date Mon, 15 Jan 2007 14:47:55 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to export only a part of my data from PostgreSQL to Derby.
I am using the Ant tasks of DDL Utils.

Ideally, what I would like to do is to be able to run DDL-Utils export data on a SQL request
not tables.
Nearly as good, will be to run DDL-Utils on a view (I will have to create the view and drop
the view when finished).

Tom told me on this mailing list (on Dec. 14th):
DdlUtils currently cannot create views (though it can read from them
if VIEW is included in the table types (a parameter of the Ant task).
I thought it meant that DDL-Utils will not manage schema but data. But from my tests, it seems
that DDL-Utils does not manage data for views (i.e. does not export data, as import for views
won't mean much), and exports the schema with views.
But when importing the schema, despite the messages stating creation of tables (with the views
names) nothing is created. Am I correct with this ? Is this the normal behaviour or am I doing
something wrong ?

So ... are there any plans to manage data export for views ?
Any other ways to manage what I am trying to achieve ?

Thanks in advance for any help,
The Computing Froggy