db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Laurent ROCHE <laurent_ro...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re : Re : Re : Not much info with: "Could not parse or write data file"
Date Wed, 27 Dec 2006 17:08:33 GMT
Hi,

I have upgraded to the latest DDL utils (and the latest Derby) and I still get the same errors
!

I suspect some lines insert fails and then the others can not get inserted because the first
ones failed !
Hence, it will be nice to get extra user friendly messages when data insert fails !

This can be a really tricky part when migrating data from one system to another, if we can
not know what data failed to insert and the reason, this tool is going to be difficult to
use !
A line number in data.xml, the SQL instruction that failed and the SQL error message would
help a lot to correct the errors when moving data from one system to another.

Cheers,
L@u
The Computing Froggy

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Thomas Dudziak <tomdzk@gmail.com>
À : ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 21 Décembre 2006, 15h12mn 36s
Objet : Re: Re : Re : Not much info with: "Could not parse or write data file"

On 12/20/06, Laurent ROCHE <laurent_roche@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Find at the end of the message, the output of two runs one with -v the other with -debug.
>
> Reading it I could not figure out what's wrong ! Obviously, something with the data ...
but I can not find an error message pointing me to the error.

> Has anyone an idea about this ?

<snip>

> Caused by: org.apache.ddlutils.io.DataSinkException: There are 67 objects still not written
because of missing referenced objects

This message basically means that in the data file, there are 67
entries with contain foreign key values pointing to rows that are not
in the data XML. Since DdlUtils by default inserts rows in the correct
order (eg. referenced rows before referencing rows), they will be hold
until the end.
However, there was a tiny bug in this which I fixed a couple of days
ago, so please update DdlUtils and try again. If the problem persists,
then you're probably missing some rows that need to be in the data
XML.

Tom

http://fr.answers.yahoo.com