db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Jean T. Anderson" <...@bristowhill.com>
Subject Re: Are domains supported ?
Date Wed, 15 Nov 2006 19:57:42 GMT
Laurent ROCHE wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am new here and to the Apache world in general, so appologies, if I ask for the obvious.
>
> I am moving a PostgreSQL database to a Derby database, and I have troubles with domains
defined in Posgres.
> It seems there are not supported as in the xml file generated (using the ant tasks),
the type is always OTHER !

> Am I missing something ?
> Are there any plans to support this, soon ?

Would it help to know that Derby doesn't support the "create domain"
statement? Derby does support tables, indexes, views, synonyms, schemas,
functions, procedures, and triggers -- see
http://db.apache.org/derby/docs/10.2/ref/ .

regards,

 -jean

> I can modify the xml file by search and replace but not for everything. And this migration
is not a one off, as we have a centralised Postgres database replicating with many Derby dbs
... so we need to be able to regenerate the Derby dbs everytime we are going to change the
schema of the Postgres db.

> Cheers,
> L@u
> The Travelling Froggy
> TravellingFroggy.info

> Découvrez une nouvelle façon d'obtenir des réponses à toutes vos questions !
> Profitez des connaissances, des opinions et des expériences des internautes sur Yahoo!
Questions/Réponses