db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "Igor Markovic" <igor-l...@izecom.com>
Subject Database upgrade + data transformation
Date Fri, 24 Nov 2006 15:41:42 GMT
Hi all,

I want to do some database upgrading by doing the following:

Export old database (data).
Create new database (different schema).
Import data from old database into new database.

The new schema differs in:

New tables are added.
Some old tables are removed.
Table columns are added, removed or renamed.

I will have to import the data and do some transformations on it while doing the import.

I have for instance a Id column with values that have to be changed to UUID values so I will
have to recalculate the ids and replace the old ids with new ones, but I will also have to
do this for the columns referencing to these ids.

And it will also be nice if it is possible to change the table/column names so I can import
column values in renamed columns.

Is there some way to do this?

Thanks,

Igor