db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From "EXT-Garg, Neha" <Neha.G...@boeing.com>
Subject RE: Using DDLUtils with Oracle BFile Type
Date Thu, 28 Sep 2006 23:45:27 GMT

I m working with derby database...
Kindly let me know if u can provide some help on that..
I will be highly obliged
:)

Thanks and Regards,
Neha Garg

-----Original Message-----
From: Thomas Dudziak [mailto:tomdzk@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 28, 2006 4:44 PM
To: ddlutils-user@db.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using DDLUtils with Oracle BFile Type

On 9/28/06, pablo-adrian.gonzalez@nxbp.fr
<pablo-adrian.gonzalez@nxbp.fr> wrote:

> I have a problem exporting a database schema with a column of BFILE
type.

> The Oracle BFILE type is not supported by DDL Utils.
>
> so, I have a couple of questions :
> 1. Is there a way to specify to the ant task databaseToDdl to ignore
> some tables (in order to export all tables minus the one with BFILE
type ?).
> I looked at JdbcModelReader class, method setDefaultTablePattern
> there's a way to specify a pattern table but no way to access it from
an ANT Script.
> 2. Is there a way to handle Oracle BFILE types with DDLUtils ?
>
> Here's the error :
> Could not read the schema from the specified database: Unknown JDBC
> type code -13

Apparently, the Oracle JDBC driver does not map the BFILE datatype to a
standard JDBC datatype (-13 is not a constant defined in the standard
jdbc.sql.Types class).
Judging from this sample:

http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/java/sqlj_jdbc/files/a
dvanced/BFILESample/BFileSample.java.html

the Oracle JDBC extensions have to be used if you want to work with this
datatype.
Please file an issue in JIRA for this, but note that this can only be
part of 1.1 as it requires a somewhat bigger change.

cheers,
Tom