db-ddlutils-user mailing list archives

From Guy Davis <da...@guydavis.ca>
Subject DDLUtils article on database independence during application development
Date Mon, 04 Sep 2006 19:23:39 GMT
Hi all,

I've posted a short article on using DDLUtils and Ant to support
multiple database types effectively during the development of a Java
application.  For all of us working on older Java applications without
the database independence provided by a good persistence layer like
Hibernate, DDLUtils is very useful for eliminating database-specific
configuration, schema, and data files.  As well, by storing the schema
and data in XML files, we now have both our code and data under version
control.

The article can be found at:

    http://www.guydavis.ca/log/comments.jsp?id=942

I appreciate any comments you may have.